Bible Study Club: Breathe by Priscilla Shirer.
Making Room for Sabbath
"One of the greatest challenges among women in our culture is taking time to stop and cease from all the activities and busyness and just breathe. We are in bondage to busyness. We constantly strive to complete the limitless to-do lists that hinder us from experiencing all that God has for us.
We miss the moments because we rush ahead to the next thing. By neglecting time for tranquility, serenity, and repose, we limit our Christlikeness and miss out on some of God’s greatest gifts. It is time for us to breathe and build margin into our lives for God.
In the Old Testament, God instituted principles and laws that would transform the Israelites’ mindset. He didn’t just want them legally free; He wanted them to be able to walk in the freedom and enjoy it. So God gave them many gifts, including boundaries in which to enjoy those gifts. Sabbath was intended as a gift, and it is still a gift to us today.
If you are weary, worn out, and exhausted the concept of Sabbath will change your life."
Each week, we will meet live on Zoom to watch the video lesson, discuss the lesson, talk about practical ways to implement what we learned in our lives, and pray for each other.
The replay of our live Bible Study as well as the video lesson will be available for replay on demand for your convinience, just in case you can't make to the live Bible study call on Zoom.
- Biblically-rooted and gospel-centered teaching
- Leader material (guides to questions and discussion with small group)
- 5-session Study Journal with group components, personal components, and leader helps
- Personal study segments include 4 weeks of homework in a study journal for reflection and to help the learner spend time alone with God and Scripture
- Biblical truth that's reliable
- Can be used in a variety of ways and has a lot of flexibility. It can be used by a group of any size in a church or another setting, small group in a home, or a weekend away as an individual or with a small group of women.
- An opportunity to explore the concept of Sabbath in both the Old and New Testaments
- Great study for personal growth and reflection on an individual basis
- For the weary, worn out, and exhausted this study could be life-changing as they acknowledge their bondage to busyness and learn that Sabbath was created by God before the fall
- Sets boundaries for those who believe they must always be "doing" something for God
A communications major in college, Priscilla Shirer planned to be a TV news anchor but God had other ideas. While interning at a Christian radio station in Houston, she began to receive invitations to do Bible studies at small women's events. At only 18 she shared the simple truths of Scripture that she was studying during her quiet time, and she's been in full-time ministry ever since. Priscilla is married to her best friend, Jerry. Together they have founded Going Beyond Ministries. Her desire is to see women come to a full understanding of who they are in Christ by hearing the uncompromising truth of Scripture. Jerry and Priscilla live in Dallas and take seriously their main role of parents to their three young sons: Jackson, Jerry Jr., and Jude.
Ana is a wife and homeschool mom of 3 turned into homeschool blogger. She is also, a pastor, entrepreneur, and a passionate Bible and Hebrew teacher.
She loves helping homeschool moms to find joy and fulfillment in their homeschool calling, to be more organized, to grow in their faith, and even make an income working from home if needed! Her goal is to help moms go from stressed to blessed, nurturing a restful homeschooling through a living education, and living a beyond blessed life.
Ana helps moms ditch overwhelm, find clarity, dive deeper into The Word, and homeschool joyfully.
Ana studied Theology at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and has a double Bachelor's degree in Biblical and Jewish Studies from Israel College of the Bible. She is the founder of Hebrew for Homeschoolers, a course that teaches homeschool families to read, write and speak Hebrew in only 4 to 10 weeks.
Learn more about how Ana equips and encourages homeschool moms at www.theycallmeblessed.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to ditch overwhelm and find some real rest?